Section 1 – Returns and Refunds
- 1.1 Entitlement for Returns and Refunds
- 1.1.1 Entitlement for Refund – Defective or Non-Compliant Product
A Buyer shall be entitled to a refund of a Product in the following situations:
(a) Product is defective
- A Product is defective if it:
- (i) is unfit for its intended use;
- (ii) is not fit to be consumed;
- (iii) has a defective design;
- (iv) has been defectively assembled or manufactured; and/or
- (v) is dangerous or harmful for normal use.
- A Product does not comply with description/criteria if it:
- (i) is a different or the wrong product;
- (ii) has different specifications from that advertised or ordered, such as different function, wrong colour or size;
- (iii) has missing parts; and/or
- (iv) is missing items promised (such as free gifts)
- 1.2 Process for Returns and Refunds
- 1.2.1 Standard Process
Unless otherwise specifically provided under this Policy, the process for refund of Products shall be as follows:
(a) the Buyer submits request for refund of Product (“Request”) through firstname.lastname@example.org;
(b) the Seller will receive notification of such Request;
(c) the Seller must either approve or reject the Request within three (3) Business Days from the date of notification;
(d) where Request is approved, the Buyer returns the Product to the Seller;
(e) the Seller shall assess and review the Product returned;
(f) based on the condition of the Product returned, the Seller shall either approve or reject the Request; and
(g) where refund is approved, the Seller must accept to refund the purchase price to the Buyer.
- 1.2.2 Submission of Request
(a) A Request shall, at the first instance, be made directly via email@example.com.
(b) The Buyer shall be required to submit all relevant evidence to support the Request.
(c) The processing of the Request may be delayed in the event the Buyer does not wish to provide any evidence, or where the Buyer provides insufficient evidence to support the Request.
- 1.2.3 Time Limit for Submission of Request
The Product cannot be returned after seven (7) Business Days. After this period, if the item is covered by a manufacturer’s warranty, please contact the manufacturer directly for assistance and return. You can also find the warranty centre’s contact information for your item on the warranty card in the package.
- 1.2.4 Approval/Rejection of Request by Seller
(a)The Seller shall, within three (3) Business Days from the date of receipt and notification of the Request, either:
- (i) accept the Request; or
- (ii) reject the Request;
(c) Any rejection by the Seller shall nonetheless be subject to the Seller Agreement, and the Company may override the Seller’s decision if it deems that the Seller’s rejection is unreasonable.
- 1.2.5 Return of Product by Buyer to Seller
(a) Upon confirmation of acceptance of the Request by the Seller, the Buyer shall, within three (3) Business Days, arrange for the return of the Product as follows:-
- (i) Product Defective or Not Compliant with Specifications
Seller shall arrange for pick-up of the Product from the Buyer at the Seller’s own cost and expense, unless the Seller waives the requirement for the Product to be returned for the Buyer to claim for refund.
(b) Loss or Damage During Return Delivery to Seller
- (i) Where the Seller engages a courier service company to pick up a Product which is defective or not compliant with specifications from a Buyer for return, and such Product is lost or damaged during return delivery, the Seller shall be responsible to bear the costs for such lost or damaged Product notwithstanding that such loss or damage was caused by the courier service company.
- (ii) Any compensation to be recovered from the courier service company thereafter will need to be personally initiated by the Seller, and not the Buyer.
- (i) Product Defective or Not Compliant with Specifications
- 1.2.6 Review of Returned Product
Any compensation to be recovered from the courier service company thereafter will need to be personally initiated by the Seller, and not the Buyer.
- (i) has been consumed or is showing excessive wear and tear for the period of use;
- (ii) has been used in a manner not fit for its purpose;
- (iii) has torn or dirty packaging; and/or
- (iv) is no longer in working condition.
- 1.2.7 Final Decision on Refund
(a) Once the assessment and review of the Product is completed, the Seller shall provide a final decision to either approve or reject the requested refund of the Product within three (3) Business Days from the receipt of the returned Product from the Buyer.
(b) In the case of approved refund of the Product, the Seller must accept to refund the purchase price to the Buyer.
- 1.2.8 Automatic Acceptance for Non-Response by Seller
In the event that the Seller does not respond to the Buyer’s request for a refund of Product (prior to return of Product to the Seller) within three (3) Business Days from the date of receipt of same, it shall be deemed that the request by the Buyer has been accepted and the Company will immediately proceed with the refund process.
- 1.2.9 Costs for Return of Products
The costs for the return of Products shall be borne as follows:
(a) Defective/Non-Compliant Product
Where a Product is returned due to:
- (i) the Product being defective; and/or
- (ii) the Product not complying with description or criteria on the Product page, the Seller shall bear the costs for such return.
(b) Delay in Delivery
Where the Product is returned due to an unreasonable delay in delivery of the Product, or where there was a late or wrong delivery made by the courier service company engaged by the Seller, the Seller shall bear the costs for such return.
- 1.2.10 Methods of Refund
The payment of refunds (“Refund Amount”) under this Policy shall be effected as follows:-
Type of Payment Method of Refund Credit card payment Credit card transaction shall be cancelled and Refund Amount shall be transferred back to the credit card used for the original payment. Online banking and debit card payments, and payment made via Automated Teller Machine (ATM) / bank transfer Refund Amount shall be transferred into the bank account used for the original payment.